Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Exchanging opinion and verb Used to

Exchanging opinions


a) asking for opinions

1) What do you think about that?
2) What is your opinion?
3) What do you feel about that?
4) What is your thought about that?
5) What is your view about that?


b) giving opinions

1) I think/feel ??.
2) In my opinion, we should??.
3) My view Is that we should??
4) As I see it??..

c) asking for agreement

1) Do you agree with me?
2) Do you go along with me?

d) agreeing totally

1) I totally agree with you.
2) I completely agree with you.
3) I go along with that.
4) That is right.
5) Exactly/absolutely.

e) agreeing partially

1) I agree with you up to a point.

f) Disagreeing

1) I can not agree with you.
2) I am afraid.
3) Oh, come on.

verb Used to

a) Get used to + ing form

get used to describe a process which adopted or taking new habit.

1) I am getting used to speaking English every day.
2) I still have not got used to driving on the right.
3) Do not worry you will get used to it.
4) I had to get used to it.
5) How long did it take to get used to it?

b) Be used to + ing form

Be used to describe a state or adopted the habit.
1) I am used to getting up early in the morning.
2) He in not used to working alone.
3) I was not used to driving on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment