Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Future tense and Question Tag

Will

Will use for snap decision or spontaneous decision.

a) positive

1) I will try it.
2) I will take it.
3) I will pay by credit card.
4) I will put aside for you.
5) I will make a bowl of pasta.
6) I will come back later.

b) negative

1) I will not buy it.
2) I will not pay by cash.

3) Question

1) Shall I make a bowl of pasta?
2) Shall I help you?

Future with going to

Sometimes Going to use for future tense.

a) positive form

1) I am going to have some tea.
2) He is going to sing well.
3) Everything is going to be all right.
4) They are going to take the tube.

b) negative form

1) I am not going to leave tomorrow.
2) He is not going to return soon
3) We are not to come with you.

c) question form

1) How are we going to get there?
2) Where is it going to happen?
3) When are they going to leave?


Question Tag

Question Tag use for taking confirmation from the subject.

a)positive form

1) She is upset, is not she?
2) You are a student, are not you?
3) He is Indian, is not he?
4) It is raining, is not it?
5) They are watching tv, are not they?
6) We are learning, are not we?
7) You live in India, do not you?
8) She like English, does not she?
9) They work at home, are not they?

b) Negative Form

1) You are not Indian, are you?
2) She is not a teacher, is she?
3) He is not watching, tv is he?
4) They are not playing today, are they?
5) You do not play tennis, do you?
6) It does not work, does it?
7) She does not work, does it?
8) They do not come, do they?


No comments:

Post a Comment