Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Service and Past perfect tense

Causative have

Causative has used to have something done by other person or for services like the hair cut.

a) Present tense

Sub + have + object + past participle
1) Every month I have my hair cut.
2) Every year I have my teeth checked.
3) Every year I have my house painted.
4) Every 3 month I have my car serviced.

b) Past tense

Sub + had + object + past participle
1) Last week I had my eye tested.
2) Yesterday I had my photograph taken.
3) Last week I had my dress dry cleaned.

c) future tense

Sub + will have or go to have + object + past participle
1) Next week I will have my house painted.
2) I am going to have my scooter repaired.
3) Next week I will have my hair colored.
4) Next week I am going to have my passport renewed.

Third condition

The third condition comes when two actions which happened at different times in the past.

Past  perfect  + simple past
Had + past participle + simple past

1) After I had checked my changed I left the shop.
2) When I had read the contract I signed it.
3) After I had taken the bag I ran.
4) When I had tried the shoes on I bought them.
5) After I checked my ticket I went to the airport.
6) After I had read the instruction I turned the machine on.


No comments:

Post a Comment