Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Phrasal verb and second condition

Phrasal verb

A phrasal verb is a verb plus a preposition or adverb which creates a meaning different from the original verb.

a) two-word phrasal verb

to carry on                   to continue
to find out                   to discovered something
to came across            to find something of meet some by chance
to get over                  to forget about
to took after                to take care of

b) three verb phrasal

to check up on                         to example the conditional of one or something
to get back together                 to become a couple again
to took forward to                    take off a future with pleasure

Second condition

the second condition comes when two Imaginary actions would happen at the different time in past.

If + simple past + would + base form of the verb

a) Imaginary or impossible

1) If I won the lottery I would buy a home.
2) If he did not smoke he would not need to operation.
3) If I were you I would not go there.
4) If you ate less you would lose more weight.

b) exception to be

1) If he were rich and famous he would send an airplane.
2) If I were you I would forget jack.

Farewell and Future


a) contacts

1) I am sorry to see you.
2) I am going to miss you.
3) Hope to see you again soon.
4) Call me time to time.
5) Let's keep in touch.
6) Let me know how you are doing.

b) Goodbye        

1) All the best for you new job.
2) Good luck for your new job.
3) See you soon.
4) Take care.
5) Look after yourself.
6) Safe journey.
7) Goodbye.
8) Bye.
9) Cheers.
10) Chio.


No comments:

Post a Comment